There are multiple factors for increasing the chances of fertility and acupuncture treatment is one of those. According to the doctors, if you take proper medications with the right food your chances are already great for fertility so you won’t need to go for IVF. But if you are facing any issues regarding fertility, you will have to add fertility acupuncture sessions to your routine according to the doctor’s prescription.
This way you can make sure that you get pregnant and produce another life without any problems.
So how many sessions of acupuncture for fertility do you need?
Please stick to this article and we will tell you all about how acupuncture helps the blood flow to the uterus and help improve the female and male fertility center for natural fertility using IUI in detail.
How many Sessions of Acupuncture for Fertility?
Acupuncture can help with fertility and can solve many problems regarding infertility because there are certain acupuncture points on the body that, if punctured, can stimulate certain hormones in your body to improve your chances of fertility during the treatment plan. We have collected some information from the US National Health Center that claims that around 13.1% of the women in the US face infertility issues. And this information is falsely spread all across the world that these infertility issues are mostly occurring in women. But this is totally wrong because 30% of those infertility problems are mainly because of men’s infertility issues.
But don’t worry because acupuncture is one of the most affecting ways of increasing your chances of getting pregnant naturally. But the only thing you should take care of is that your acupuncturist should be well-trained and they should know why you are taking these sessions. It’s because they trigger those nerves according to the requirements and you may also need to take the sessions right before or after the fertility programs. That’s why you should just believe that if you begin your acupuncture fertility sessions and maintain the frequency of acupuncture, it will resolve all your fertility issues.
Acupuncture Supports the Fertility Courses
When fertility acupuncturists start acupuncture they target your nerve endings that stimulate hormone growth and your fertility chances increase. These nerve endings are found under the top layer of the skin that are punctured to activate certain body organs. They use very small and thin needles to target those nerves.
Now, for fertility growth, acupuncturists place their needles on those nerves that connect the nervous system and the reproductive organs of your body. When the body is stressed, the hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axis is badly affected. And because of them getting affected, the body responds and activates the sympathetic nerves of your body which do not support reproduction at all.
What Benefits does Acupuncture have on Fertility?
Acupuncture is a real support system for your body’s fertility level because it helps with the following:
- Balancing the male and female hormones in your body so that your body gets enough support from the hormones to reproduce.
- Female menstrual cycles can also be regulated with acupuncture. This way the body makes a contact link between your brain and the ovaries. Therefore, hormones are produced normally and it even helps in ovulation.
- Implantation requires great blood flow in your uterus and the ovaries and acupuncture make it happen effectively.
- Motility and sperm count are the two most important factors of reproduction and acupuncture is there for your help in this matter as well.
- Stress and anxiety are two major enemies of the reproductive system of both; men and women. Actually, acupuncture stimulates the relaxing nerves that help the body to not get affected by cortisol and adrenaline.
It is very important that if you are trying to conceive, your body and mind must be relaxed. It’s because if you are always stressed, your body will react and the male sperm quality will decrease. Also, the female menstrual cycle can get affected very negatively because of chronic stress. And the reproductive hormones cannot function in this situation.
The Number of Acupuncture Sessions One Needs for Fertility
The number of sessions a person needs for a fertility boost depends on various factors. Nobody can tell how many sessions you need but you can get them assessed by providing certain details to the acupuncturists. The acupuncturists take your medical history into account and start with a trial session where they see how your body responds to acupuncture. After your body has started to grow your reproduction hormones, you will need more acupuncture sessions.
The exact number of acupuncture sessions can vary based on your body’s development and the medication. But on average, acupuncturists start with 10 – 12 sessions and it can go beyond these numbers as well.
It is important that you know all about the relationship between acupuncture and fertility. So, you need to know the common causes of infertility to avoid having to face such issues.
Common Reasons for the Body to Go Infertile
There are a lot of treatments for infertility but you can avoid having to go through all this by knowing these most common reasons why your body becomes infertile.
- The ovulatory disorder can cause it to go infertile because the ovaries stop functioning before forty. This is called premature ovarian failure or cysts.
- Hormonal complications that are occurred because of the loss of periods also include irregular menstrual cycles. PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome), endometriosis, and diabetes.
- An embryo doesn’t get implanted because of the accidental damage that occurred to the fallopian tube or the uterus.
- When the infection or yeast overgrows, it becomes inhospitable cervical mucus. It’s because the best cervical mucus for fertility has to be thin and watery to let the sperm swim to the egg.
- Sperm problems like the low sperm count, the shape of the sperm, the ability of the sperm to swim up to the egg, and sometimes the sperm DNA is damaged.
- The immunological disorder can also cause infertility. It happens within the female body when the body starts producing antibodies for the sperm approaching the eggs. This disorder automatically starts killing those sperms and the body reacts to them instead of accepting them.
- Issues with your diet and lifestyle.
These issues include taking too much stress permanently, obesity, consuming too much caffeine, smoking, taking too many drugs, insomnia, excessive alcohol, diabetes, eating a lot of junk food, no exercise, toxicity like radiation and chemicals acting upon your body negatively.
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take for acupuncture to work for fertility?
Each case of infertility is different and their treatment will also vary depending upon various health factors. But on average, we have seen women getting treated within 1 – 3 months for getting pregnant naturally.
How often should you do acupuncture for fertility?
As we have told you that each case is different in many ways. But usually, all the acupuncturists have been seen recommending between 1 – 3 acupuncture sessions to their patients within a week.
How many acupuncture sessions before egg retrieval?
It should be according to the doctor’s instructions and followed carefully. But according to the medical rules, a woman should take 4 weeks of the session before the cycle starts. The number of sessions a week can vary but 4 weeks is a must. And when the embryo is frozen, before the ideal condition arrives to see results, you need to go through 8 – 11 treatments according to the instructions.
Can acupuncture increase egg quality?
Yes, acupuncture affects your body positively and increases egg quality as well as produces a healthy embryo. We have seen women diagnosed with complete infertility getting pregnant naturally just after the proper medication and acupuncture sessions.
How do you feel after acupuncture for fertility?
The aftereffects of an acupuncture session can last from a few minutes up to an entire day. Therefore, you cannot focus on things and the ability to stay awake lessens in your body because of it being relaxed very much.